Anytime I hear of something special that may provide interest I will place it on this page.
A “MUST SEE” WEBSITE!!
handcraftedgifts.net.au – this web site is based in South Australia and owned by Luba & Jon. They feature hard-to-find fibres of breeds of sheep that are endangered, plus other speciality fibres. They also offer a link to Book Depository who give them 5% on some of their products to support the Rare Breeds. Every purchase is accompanied by a small gift – just beautiful !!
Contact Details: email@example.com or Phone 0420860304. Web link:
The shop offers Spinning Fibres; Mill Spun Yarns; Handspun Yarns; Books (connection to Book Depository); and information on Rare Breeds of Sheep. Some of the breeds, for which you can purchase fibre and yarn are: Black Welsh; Blue Faced Leicester; Charollais; Cheviot; Devon Longwool; Dorset Horn; Eider; Falkland; Finnish; Gotland; Herdwick; Icelandic; Jacob; Kent Romney; LincolnManx; Loaghtan; Masham; North Ronaldsay; Shetland; Swaledale and Wensleydale. They also carry items such as Camel & Silk; Corriedale; Bamboo.
WEB SITES / LOCATIONS OF INTEREST:
Courtesy of Glenora Weaving – an on-line Weavers Forum – a quarterly newsletter full of details on the Australian and New Zealand weaving scene plus info on workshops, exhibitions and pre-loved looms for sale !!!
PLACES TO GO:
- March 10 – Berry Yandiah – at Waterslea Lodge, Nowra – put it in your diary for 2019
- May 5 – Orange Fibre Muster – Kenna Hall, Orange
- May 19-20 – Celebration of Wool – Bus Depot Markets, Canberra
- June 1-2 – Winter Wool Fair – Uniting Church Hall, Sutherland (Sydney)
- June 16-17 – Burrendong Retreat – Sport & Recreation, Wellington
- July 15 – Creative Fibre – Bus Depot Markets – Canberra
- July 20-22 – Sheep & Wool Show – Showground, Bendigo
- August 11-12 – Sth Coast Fibre Muster – Town Hall, Gerringong
- Sept 8-9 – Glenora Bi – annual sales – Cooke Place, Gerringong – Thank you, Christine !!!
1. Australian Sheep & Wool Show – July, 20-22- Bendigo, Victoria. You must go at least once !!!!!
2. Cheryl Crosbie – Granite Haven Llamas and Gotland Sheep – Gotland Sheep Farm – 1730 Harrys Creek Road, Marraweeney – just exit the Hume Highway at Violet Town. Cheryl offers free home made biscuits, tea, coffee and juice and is able to cater for buses. Contact her on 03 57908677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her web site –www.granitehaven llamas.com.au email Cheryl for details.
3. How about being a day visitor to Gympie Camp? Most Camps offer the chance for people to come just on the Saturday; join in the workshops and purchase from the shops on site. Contact Jennie Bryant on 0413 939 901
4. How about a day visitor to Highfields Camp? Highfields Camp, Saturday, 20th October at the James Byrne Centre in Highfields, QLD (just north of Toowoomba). Contact Susan McKenzie – 0458 243 519
5. Visit the Adagio Mill in Orange. This Mill caters for Alpaca fleece and will convert your fleece to yarn ready to knit if required. Address is: 1/58 Lords Place, Orange. Phone: Nadine 0422 425 424 or Steve 0400 622 987. Visiting is by appointment only.
6. Sydney Royal Easter Show – fun of the Show and marvel at the exceptional level of exhibits in the Pavilions !!! Of course, don’t forget the Spinning & Weaving Sections sponsored by NSW Handweavers & Spinners Guild and “Spinners Haven”. Put it in your diary for 2019.
7. AgQuip Field Days at Gunnedah – August 21-23, 2018.